Step 1: Set up IIS
Follow the steps as outlined here.
- Create a self-signed certificate on the web server
- On the Default Web site, create an ssl binding, using the certificate created in 1.
- Configure SSL on the default web site to require SSL certificates, but ignore client certificates
Step 2: Add inbound rule for https port on the firewall
Basically - as far as I can make out - because the emulator is running on virtual machine, you need to open up your the port that it's communicating on to your machine for https calls.
Check out this article for more details on IIS Express and opening up a port.
- Open windows firewall | Advanced settings
- Click "Inbound Rules" , and then "New Rule"
- Select "Port" as rule type
- Add the https port number used in IIS to communicate (default is 443)
- Leave default of "allow connection"
- Check Private and Public
- Choose a name you will remember in case you need to disable it